Visit to the Dentist

So I just got back from a dentist appointment. Is it just me, or does everyone get "to-do" lists from their dentist?

You've been very bad, you should floss more. You really should get a bite guard so you don't grind your teeth away. You have nice teeth, but bad gums. Uh oh, here's another cavity!

No wonder people hate to go to the dentist.

First of all, I do have bad gums. I have had bleeding gums since I was 12. They haven't gotten much worse, but they haven't gotten better either. Sure, I could floss more and use one of those rubber tip things to massage the gums. But the next time I go back, I will still hear the same thing about my gums.

Secondly, I do clench my jaw a lot. But not necessarily at night. I get tense a lot during the day and my neck muscles, shoulder muscles, and jaw clench up. I don't know why it happens, and it's subconscious so I can't really control it. A bite guard at night does me no good, other than being expensive and uncomfortable. My mom has the same thing and her doctor proscribed a muscle relaxant instead of a night guard. Not sure I want to do that either, but whatever works.

Maybe I don't care enough about my dental health, but I just don't want to hear all this negativity from a dentist appointment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

Fair Fun

Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax Volume 10