Fear that Disables

Proverbs 29:25 in the Message says "The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that."

Luke 12:4-5 (NIV) says "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after killing the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him."

I have been hearing a lot lately in my devotion and prayer life about fear. I'm not afraid of dying, but I'm also not as afraid as I should be of dying without making a difference in the world. If I continue to procrastinate and ignore God's plans for my life, I am worse than dead already. What will I tell Him when He looks at me and asks for an accounting of the life He gave me. Will He say "well done", or "I never knew you"?

I fear right now that the answer would be that He knew me a little, but was saddened by my disobedience. I keep crying out for the answers to what He wants me to do, but I think I need to be crying out for the strength to do what He asks. I am so afraid that He will ask too much of me, that I'm hiding my talent (or my head) in the ground and waiting for Him to pass me by. In doing so, I'm missing out on the Life He has for me. A good life, and a good plan, but instead I am wondering what I'm doing on Earth.

The long-running joke is that Zoron is the planet I'm from. In reality, I am from another world and there is another world out there where good and evil battle for my soul. Why am I afraid of what people will think of me or afraid of my own behavior? I need to turn absolutely everything over to God and let Him take control of my life.

God, I am nothing without You. I don't have the strength to do what You want, so I haven't truly been asking what You want from me. Lord, show me what to do, and help my attitude so that I have the strength to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

I Can't Believe in a God that....

Fair Fun