What is a Zoranian?

I hope that no one is offended by the name of the website for my blog. I'm not actually calling anyone a moron, it just rhymed. So what is Zoron or what is a zoranian (my web-moniker of many years). Well, it all started in the 7th grade (or maybe a year or two earlier). I don't remember the exact year, but I can tell you that I was in the foyer at the church I grew up in. It may have been our regular Sunday night meal/fellowship time. Or maybe it was during a youth group event or even our "All Saints Eve" celebration. I do know there were Tootsie Rolls that day for some reason, so maybe it was "All Saints Eve" (or Halloween to any non-liturgical denominations).

Either way, I was talking with one of my friends and asked whether or not they could hear the Tootsie Rolls singing. I am not schizophrenic, and was not actually hearing voices or sound, I was just bored and thought it would be a good conversation starter. Well, that discussion somehow led to me saying that I could only hear them because I was from another planet, the planet Zoron. Well, by the end of my 7th grade school year, the planet Zoron had grown in my imagination to be the planet just beyond Pluto, with 2 suns, and only women lived there because we exiled all the men to the planet's moon and visited and used them whenever we wanted something or wanted to have kids. Also, your eye color was different on the planet Zoron because of the two suns. So anyone who had green eyes on Earth had purple eyes on Zoron, etcetera.

So, that is why I've titled my blog, Zoron for Morons. It's a brief glimpse into the craziness that is in my brain for the people who don't live in my head and are interested. I think that we all have creativity and fun inside of us, but sometimes we end up squashing it because it's "not cool" or we don't "fit in". I would encourage everyone, regardless of their age, to pick one part of their life they are "ashamed of" and share it freely, openly, and proudly with a friend, acquaintance, relative, or neighbor. You might be surprised that your awkward conversation starter could open up a whole new world, literally!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

Fair Fun

Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax Volume 10