Thoughts for the Weekend

This weekend is somewhat busy, next weekend even more so. As I write this on Friday, I'm thinking about everything that I have to do. In reality, I need to be thanking God for the opportunities I have been given.

My father-in-law is turning 65, and we live 5 minutes away. We are incredibly grateful to have moved back closer to family after being 8-9+ hours away for the past 7 years. After living in our new area for only 3 months, and our new house for only 3 weeks, I am volunteer coaching my first soccer game this weekend. I have brand new friends, a church home, and family events nearby, and my cup is full to the brim.

As a reserved extrovert, I have often had trouble making and keeping friends and finding community. I've been told by people that I can seem "stand-offish", but I have been working towards being more open to opportunities lately. I realized that for next weekend, my plate is already pretty full. I never would have thought that 3 weeks after moving to a new house in a new town, I would have such community. I may actually have to start saying "No" to invitations pretty soon!

So, rather than worry about how I will get it all done and which event comes first, second and third (or twoth as my 4 year old says sometimes) I will try to just enjoy each experience. Rather than stress about whether I will be the best witness for the Christian soccer program I'm coaching, I can focus on enjoying the sight of a bunch of Kindergartners chasing a ball across the field, and trying to herd them in the right direction. Rather than wondering when my father-in-law wants to celebrate his birthday, I can have the kids help make him a birthday card today, and they can give it to him in person anytime this weekend. Rather than worry about my scheduled hours as a "work from home" job as on online tutor, I can be grateful that I've gone from 4 part-time jobs to 1, and that my husband now makes enough money that we don't really have to worry about our budget as much as we used to, even with a house payment that's twice as big as it was.

So, whether your weekend is busy or too quiet, enjoy what you've been given rather than worrying about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

Fair Fun

Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax Volume 10