Baby Love

So, I have an almost four week old infant sitting on my chest as we speak. I thought I was prepared, but having an infant is so much more exhausting than I thought it would be. First, there's the general recovery from 2.5 hours of pushing. I will say that labor and delivery was much less painful than I thought it would be (yay Bradley classes and naturally high pain tolerance). But 2.5 hours of pushing is essentially running a marathon. I actually found out later that a C-section is recommended after 3 hours of pushing. I'm so glad the doctors didn't tell me that.

Anyway, it takes two full weeks to recover enough to feel slightly human again, and then you hit that magical period where your baby starts to get gassy and colicky. We think it was from a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and oversupply syndrome. My milk took a little longer to come in and baby was starving. He seems much less gassy, but still cries more than he did the first two weeks. He doesn't cry at night, and I think part of it is that he has a really hard time putting himself to sleep during the day.

Now, he's hit a growth spurt and I fed him every hour this morning (at 7, 8, 9, and 11). He's adorable, but it's making it hard for me to eat or do anything around the house. Plus, since he can't put himself to sleep, I've let him sleep on me for the last hour and a half. It's hard to fit meals and showers in, but I'm working on it. He actually did really good this morning while I showered, he wasn't asleep, but he did lay quietly in his pack and play until I got half dressed, and then he wanted to eat again, of course.

He's waking up now, so here's hoping that he gives me a few minutes after he eats (and gets his diaper changed again) so that I can eat some lunch.

It's so funny, because he doesn't cry at night when he's hungry, or usually when he wakes up. He just starts grunting. Eh, eh, eh. That means feed me mommy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

Fair Fun

Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax Volume 10