Diet

Just so you know, diet is not a bad word to me. I've never gone "on a diet". Diet literally just means what you eat on a daily basis. So you can have a healthy diet, or an unhealthy diet.

Lately, I have a couple more pounds than I normally do, which hasn't bothered me too much. I'm at a healthy weight, although not at my "ideal" weight, but I have been wondering why it hasn't gone anywhere. Another caveat, usually I lose weight without really trying, if I exercise or try to eat healthier I often gain weight. However, I have been buying and trying to eat more produce lately, so as I was sitting down to a pre-lunch cup of homemade hot chocolate (milk, cocoa powder, and sugar) with marshmallows, I wondered if maybe there is something in my diet that I need to cut back on.

Hehehehe, I know you are all thinking it's the pre-lunch hot chocolate. In actuality, that was just the one time, and I'm not really sure if it's anything specific. I tend to want to snack in the late afternoon, which is probably part of the problem. I also tend to reach for something quick during those snacks (generally it's because my 2-year old is crying after he wakes up from his nap and I want a snack we both will eat).

OK, so I guess I know what the problem is, but it's really hard to find a healthy snack that will pacify a crying baby and calm a cranky momma.

I also could probably try to exercise more than standing in the shade watching my kids ride their bikes around the circle.

Just sayin'...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

I Can't Believe in a God that....

Fair Fun