Water Babies

I definitely think my kids are going to be water babies this summer. Our pool opened this weekend, and we tried it out on Sunday after we got back from the air show. I think the pool was a much bigger hit than the air show.

My oldest is the more hesitant swimmer, and he hadn't eaten or drunk much all day. He ate one peanut butter cheese cracker during his "swim break" and then said he wanted to get back in. We wouldn't let him since he really needed to get back to the house and eat supper, but he was having so much fun playing with his friends.

It's priceless to have a neighborhood like this, with friends his own age, and a pool he can swim at all summer.

My just turned 2 year old was almost too brave, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to take them by myself to the pool. He was "swimming" all over the pool. Specifically towards the deep end. He's not "drown proofed" and I don't particularly believe in drown proofing children, but I do need to start teaching him to stay in the shallow end at least.

They both woke up this morning asking to go swimming again.

This is an old picture, but I thought it perfectly captured the joy of a child's face with a cool stream of water on a hot summer day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

I Can't Believe in a God that....

Fair Fun