Light Week

There's nothing like skipping from Monday to Friday after a long stretch of "on time" posts. It has been a very busy week. Normally, I would post a poem or short story today, but I've used up most of my good old stuff, and haven't been feeling very creative lately.

At our book club last night, we were talking a little bit about how intimidating it can be to be creative. It's one thing to "just get back to work" if you're doing something physical (completing a project, cooking a meal, doing the laundry). It's quite another thing to hop back on the horse of creativity when you don't "feel the muse".

It's been quite a week. I have been able to relax a bit because my parents are in town. I even got a massage! However, I've also been quite busy in other ways. We've been to the pool and the natural science museum, and to the park. And my oldest is sick, again. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but he threw up a little bit yesterday afternoon and then woke up several times in the middle of the night. He has also had a bit of a fever and wanted to go to bed more often and earlier than usual.

The good news about him being sick, is that I actually have a bit of time to myself now to think about the week and review it from my own perspective.

I love having extra family members around to give a hand when needed. However, I didn't really accomplish all that much for several reasons.

For one thing, our drywall project was delayed again by two days this week, but was finally finished! However, that meant we had to buy some paint and get started on that. We also bought some light fixtures as well. So, in addition to a sick boy last night, we were working on installing light fixtures (or I should say, the "men" were) and I tried to get a head start on painting (so we can re-install our washing machine). However, the paint color we thought was in the laundry room and kitchen, is actually a slightly different color than what we paint matched for the living room and foyer. So now we have delayed that project once again and I will have to repaint those rooms at some point.

I also actually missed a payment on our electric bill (I wondered why the electric bill was so high). However, the good news about that is that the late payment fee is only 1%, so it was only about $1.

So between getting caught up on bills and budgeting and getting behind on the house, I have been pretty stressed at times. Unfortunately, my reaction to stress is usually to withdraw, which is not the nicest thing to do when you have family in town. However, my parents were pretty understanding and I love them a lot. I know you can't choose your family, but I'm glad I'm a part of theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

Fair Fun

Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax Volume 10